Interested In Booking A Cheap Business Or First Class Ticket To Doha?
Travel to Doha for an exotic adventure in one of the most impressive cities in the Middle East. In posh oasis Doha, the past blends beautifully with the futuristic skyscrapers for a unique experience unlike any other international destination. The people are friendly, welcoming, and waiting to share their beautiful city with you. With a vibrant nightlife and exquisite fine dining, you’re sure to have magical evenings in Doha. This rapidly developing Middle Eastern city is quickly becoming a hub for international travel and trade. Contact our travel gurus to book your business class flight or first class flight to Doha, Qatar, via major airlines, such as Qatar Airways, Etihad Airways, and American Airlines.
Facts About Doha
- Doha is the capital and largest city of Qatar with a population of approximately 800,000.”
- Doha is best known for luxurious 5-star hotels, sea views, outdoor markets, festivals, beaches, Islamic art, spices, and artisan crafts.
- Doha is a diverse city with only approximately 15% native Qatari residents.
- Arabic is the official language of Qatar, but English is the most commonly spoken language in Doha.
- Doha is one of the fastest-growing cities in the world.
- Qatar Airways operates the majority of flights to and from Doha.
Top Attractions in Doha
With so much to see and do in this popular Middle Eastern city, time during your visit to Doha is precious. When you book a cheap business class flight or cheap first class flight to Doha, make an itinerary for your trip, so you don’t miss any Doha attractions while you’re there. From the moment your flight lands at Hamad International Airport in Doha, make the most of every moment. Begin your Doha adventure by visiting these popular attractions.
- Pearl Qatar – The Pearl Qatar is a posh area in Doha with marinas, residential towers, villas and hotels, as well as dining and retail options, all in Mediterranean-style. On this manmade island, visitors will find luxury brands and a variety of cuisines, including South American, French, and Lebanese at the many restaurants, cafés, lounges, bakeries, and confectioneries. Wander the Pearl Qatar and take in the lovely harbor views and impressive attractions. Plus, the people watching is well worth dedicating an evening out to take it all in.
- Museum of Islamic Art– Tour the galleries of the remarkable Museum of Islamic Art. This collection is a must-see to understand the rich history and culture of the Middle East. Located on the Corniche in Doha, this museum features the world’s largest collection of Islamic art, gathered from 3 continents. The collection spans 3 floors with the first and second floors housing the permanent collection, and the third featuring temporary exhibits. Take a break during your visit by dining at the café or browsing the extensive museum store. Free 40-minute guided tours are offered on Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. Dress modestly.
- Souq Waqif– Souq Waqif is a market in Doha that sells traditional clothing, spices, perfumes, handicrafts, and souvenirs. As one of the highlights of any visit to Doha, it is also home to many restaurants and Shisha lounges. Souq Waqif is one of the most traditional marketplaces in the Middle East. Most of the shops close around 1pm and reopen at 4pm, but most of the dining options stay open all day. Visit the Souq Waqif Information & Tourism Center for maps and information about the souq provided by the friendly, helpful staff.
- Katara Cultural Village–Designed to resemble a traditional Qatari village, this popular Doha attraction features an open-air amphitheater, opera house, theater, galleries, and restaurants that serve international cuisine. Enjoy a long, leisurely lunch at Katara Cultural Village where you can select from an endless number of restaurants with service that is nothing short of excellent. There will likely be a festival going on as well, so join in the fun with the locals. Visitors can also take part in watersports at the public beach.
- Corniche– This lengthy seaside promenade curves around Doha Bay. Enjoy stunning views of Palm Tree Island and Doha skyscrapers, which is a wonderful way to spend an afternoon or an evening. In the afternoons, people-watch or get some exercise and go for a jog. For less crowds, visit on Friday morning to take in the scenery. Highlights along the Corniche include Dhow Harbour, the Museum of Islamic Art, a fish market, a fountain, and huge sculptures.
- Villagio Mall– Shop at the breathtaking Villaggio Mall in Doha. After your spending spree, ride in a gondola along the grand canal for an experience that will make you feel like you have been transported to Venice. The mall features a Venetian theme throughout. Dine at the food court for Western-style fast food or various sit-down options. Take a spin around the ice-skating rink, or catch a movie at the 13-screen theater, including an IMAX option.
Best Times to Visit Doha
February is the best time to visit Doha because daytime temperatures average a comfortable 70°F. Summer months are very hot, often exceeding 100°F during the day. Throughout the rest of the year, temperatures are mild, ranging between 60°F and 75°F, despite the city’s location in the Middle East. Contact a travel guru to start planning your trip to Doha. Ask us about cheap business class flight deals and cheap first class flight deals to Doha from top airlines, such as Qatar Airways, Etihad Airways, and American Airlines. Whenever you visit Doha, be sure to also get the best luxury hotel rates with the help of our travel gurus.
Weather in Doha
- Spring –During the spring in Doha, the weather is mild, with temperatures in the 60s and 70s.
- Summer –Doha experiences extreme heat and humidity in the summer from May to September. Average temperatures range from 100°F to 113°F. Humidity is typically the lowest in May and June.
- Fall – Autumn temperatures are warm but not overwhelmingly hot like the summer, and evening temperatures are pleasant.
- Winter –Winter weather in Doha is cool, but the temperature hardly ever drops below 45°F. Rainfall total is approximately 3 inches each year, only occurring between October and March.
Doha Tour Options
- Doha Bus Tour –Explore Doha via a hop-on, hop-off tour bus. Doha Bus stops at various locations between the Marriott Hotel and the Pearl Qatar, arriving at each stop every 20 minutes. Tickets are valid for 24 hours. Book your tickets online or by phone. When you land at Hamad International Airport, you can take a shuttle from the airport to the first stop of the tour, but be sure to make arrangements for this service in advance. You can also travel back to the airport via shuttle from one of the main tour stops if your flight is leaving Doha right after the tour.
- Doha City Tour–This complimentary tour of Doha is courtesy of Qatar Airways and Qatar Tourism Authority. Included in the tour are Doha landmarks the Pearl Qatar, Katara Cultural Village, Souq Waqif, and the Museum of Islamic Art. You can see it all while you wait for your connecting flight. Upon arrival at Hamad International Airport, go to the Doha City Tour desk in Concourse B between the Mont Blanc and WH Smith shops. Tours cannot be reserved in advance, so availability is on a first-come, first-served basis. The duration of the tour is approximately 3 hours. An English speaking guide accompanies the tour.
- Desert Safari-Travel outside of Doha where the desert awaits. Book a desert safari through one of the many licensed tour companies in Qatar to arrange your trip. Or you can ask the concierge at your luxury hotel for assistance in booking a desert safari. Experience sand dune trips, overnight desert camping, and visits to historical sites. Some of the tour companies in Qatar are Arabian Adventures, Qatar International Adventures, and Qatar International Tours.
Transportation in Doha
- Bus– The government-owned Mowasalat public bus system runs an extensive network of routes throughout most of Doha and surrounding towns. Pay fares with exact change, or with a Karwa Smartcard, available to buy at the bus station. Keep in mind that buses are usually behind schedule. Some buses have specific sections at the front for women and children. Route maps are only available at the main bus station. Mowasalat free shuttle bus service is also an option, with a few routes in the downtown area.
- Taxi- In Doha, the only two taxi services, Karwa and Al Million, are also run by Mowasalat. You can negotiate a flat fare beforehand, but it’s best to require a meter. If the driver refuses to use the meter, or you encounter other problems, call the police by dialing 999. If you need a taxi during morning rush hours, 24-hour notice is often required, and even then, the taxi may not arrive on time or at all. It can take 90 minutes or more for an on-call taxi to arrive. Finding a taxi is easiest at major malls, the airport, and international hotels. Beware of unlicensed, unofficial taxi services. To find a reliable taxi service, ask your hotel concierge for assistance.
- Car– Visitors who want to rent a car in Doha can find car rental agencies in and around Hamad International Airport, including Hertz, Avis, and Budget. It is best to reserve your rental car in advance of your arrival in Doha. Verify the driver’s license requirements for Doha before you travel. Expect frequent traffic jams in Doha, as well as detours due to road construction.
Doha Travel Safety Tips
- You can drink alcohol in Doha, but only at international hotels, and you will often have to show your passport, so be sure to bring it along.
- Leave any skimpy clothes at home as the locals do not appreciate people showing an inappropriate amount of skin
- Be sure that you purchase travel insurance as medical mishaps here can cost a fortune if you need to seek out emergency care.
- Some religious and cultural sites require that arms and legs be covered, so carry a light sweater around in your bag just in case. Shorts outside of the hotel are not appropriate, even for men.
- Modest swimsuits are okay near the pool, but make sure that you cover yourself when you go back inside the hotel.
- If you bring alcohol to Doha, it will be quarantined at the airport. You will receive a receipt which you can use to get it back on your way out of Qatar.
- Public displays of affection and hand holding should be avoided.
Doha Airport Tips
- Hamad International Airport (DOH) is the main point of entry into Qatar, and is the base for Qatar Airways.
- Qatar Airways is one of the “Big Three” Middle Eastern airlines. It has built a far-reaching network, flying to destinations in Europe, South and East Asia, Australia, Africa, and the Americas.
- Relax in the one of the exclusive lounges for business class and first class passengers.
- Hamad International Airport overdoes it a bit on air conditioning, so make sure you have a sweater or coat.
- A taxi stand is easily located just outside the terminal. Cash payments will only be taken in the local currency, so make sure you have some handy.
- Limo service can be arranged by your hotel by calling ahead.
- Public Wi-Fi is provided free of charge throughout the airport.
Best Restaurants in Doha
When you dine in Doha, you will wish there were more than 3 meals in a day. The range of dining options is a paradise for any international foodie. Find almost any dish you can dream up when you travel to Doha. Thanks to the expertise of world-class chefs, Doha is one of the best dining destinations in the Middle East. You will want to return again and again to this gem of a city in the desert just for the food alone.
- Nobu Doha –In the Four Seasons Doha is the largest Nobu in the world with 7 different dining areas. Chef Nobuyuki “Nobu” Matsuhisa’s famous new-style Japanese cuisine is what draws diners to this stylish 26,000-square-foot Doha restaurant. From the main dining room to the rooftop lounge, enjoy views overlooking the Arabian Gulf while you dine. There are over 30 Nobu restaurant locations worldwide.
- Market Jean-George –This top-rated Doha dining destination is a favorite among international travelers and locals alike. The world-famous chef serves up international food that dazzles on the plate. Save room to try as many courses as you can. Dining here may be an occasion to skip lunch and overindulge at dinner.
- The Cellar –Meals here are a culinary triumph with a Spanish flair. This Mediterranean tapas restaurant is located in the luxurious Oryx Rotana Doha hotel near Hamad International Airport. An ideal choice for a business lunch, happy hour, or an evening with friends. Try the sangria, which is considered the best in the Middle East.
- Prime Steakhouse –The steaks, seafood, and sides will have you planning your next visit before you even pay the bill. All steak lovers will appreciate this award-winning Doha restaurant. Indulge in a fine selection of various cuts of meat cooked to perfection. Choose tenderloin, rib-eye, T-bone, or striploin from USA Prime, Australian Kobe, or Wagyu. In all of the Middle East, the Wagyu steak here is considered the best. Other menu options include foie gras, rack of lamb, and sea bass, just to name a few.
- Paper Moon –The authentic Italian food here is simply delicious. You will feel like you are vacationing in Florence versus dining in the desert. Located on Al Matar Street in the Jaidah Square Building, the ambiance here is stylish and relaxed. The legendary menu features the freshest seasonal ingredients.
- Baan Thai – A solid Thai food experience with spicy flavors you would be hard-pressed to beat elsewhere. Prices are great, and the staff is very friendly and efficient. Located in Doha suburb of Muaither, this stylish restaurant is spacious and inviting with bouquets of fresh flowers throughout.
- Roger’s Diner–For a taste of American fare, try the burgers here. This quirky, laidback eatery is the best spot to sip a seriously thick milkshake. The menu features a variety of American favorites, from burgers to steaks. Take a break from exploring Doha, and stop by for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
- Mykonos–This Greek restaurant is located near West Bay as part of the Intercontinental Hotel. The menu features authentic Greek cuisine with favorites such as pittas, kebabs, tzatziki dip, moussaka, and spinach pastries. The dining experience includes waterfront views.
- Layali–This Doha hotspot offers Arabic cuisine in a unique atmosphere that appeals to locals and tourists. With a spacious dining room and live music, it’s no wonder why international visitors dine here when they travel to Doha. Enjoy a lovely evening in Doha at reasonable prices.
- Ric’s Kountry Kitchen –The breakfasts here are legendary. Travel to this Doha eatery for its large, classic American breakfasts that have been delighting customers since 1997. It’s one of the only places in Doha that serves genuine bacon and pork sausages.
- Shakespeare & Co.–This funky café serves up international fare in a setting reminiscent of a bygone era in England. The chic Victorian décor and unique menu draw local and international customers to this café chain. Expect friendly and efficient service in an inviting atmosphere.
- Spicy Pickle-This Doha eatery serves gourmet, handcrafted sandwiches, homemade soups, and salads in a modern setting at The Gate shopping mall in West Bay. The menu features international flavors, high quality meats, fine artisan breads, cheeses, toppings, and exclusive spreads. Diners can choose from the menu or customize their own orders. Enjoy a meal here with a beverage from the coffee bar.
- Turkey Central Restaurant-Located in the Al-Nasar area of Doha, this budget friendly eatery serves Turkish fast food. Customers can expect efficient service and large portions. Known for their small plates served with oven-fresh bread, this is a popular restaurant among locals and tourists.
Best Luxury Hotels in Doha
Doha offers many fabulous hotel options, but we have some suggestions that will delight you with a luxurious stay from check-in to check-out. When you contact our travel gurus, we will find the best hotel deals for your trip to Doha. From booking cheap business class and cheap first class flights to Doha, to getting cheap 5-star hotel rates, we can greatly reduce the stress of planning international travel, so all you have to do is enjoy your stay in Doha.
- The St. Regis Doha–This hotel is total elegance with restaurants that will have foodies not wanting to leave the property. Butler service is a cornerstone of your stay, so you will find yourself pampered from arrival to check-out. Located in a gorgeous area of the West Bay, the exclusive hotel beach allows for lounging in the sand for hours at a time.
- Four Seasons Doha –This luxury Doha resort features Arabic style and flair. There are programs for the kids, plus a spa and fitness center perfect for pampering. Lovers of Asian cuisine will want to book a table at the world’s largest Nobu located inside the hotel. Guests can also dine at the upscale Italian restaurant, and enjoy a cocktail with friends at the lounge next to the lobby. The private pool and beach area are great for guests to relax and rejuvenate.
- The Ritz Carlton Doha –This incredible property is over-the-top luxury that houses the largest chandelier in the Middle East. A total feast for the senses, everything from the views to the service is impeccable. Just a 10-minute drive from central Doha, this hotel offers posh rooms, a large pool complex with a swim-up bar, and a cocktail lounge with great pool and marina views. If you’re staying here on a Friday, try the brunch.
- La Cigale Hotel –The location of this high-rise hotel is convenient if you want to explore museums and other attractions. With an interesting design that pays attention to even the smallest details, this is one of the most popular places to stay in Doha. Located in the heart of Doha, this swanky hotel is only a 15-minute drive from Hamad International Airport. Guests can enjoy a variety of dining options, offering international cuisine, including Italian, Japanese, and Mediterranean. Ask your travel guru for the best deals on luxury hotel rates in Doha.
Alpha Flight Guru Reviews for Business and First Class Tickets
*All the fares displayed are in USD and include all taxes, fees and applicable surcharges. All prices are ‘from’ per person, based on business and first class weekday travel (Monday- Thursday) from the USA, and depend on the chosen class of service, departure city, and route. Alpha Flight Guru is not able to identify some travel partners or itinerary details online so as to not directly compete with regualr retail sales of the travel partner. Please call toll-free for our best current prices and all the details. Savings of up to 75% off are indicated off the full un-restricted published airfares of major airlines and may vary based on individual fare rules. Some airlines may impose additional baggage charges. The fares are subject to seat availability in the corresponding booking inventory. Seats are limited and may not be available on all flights and dates. The fares and their governing rules are subject to change without prior notice. Other restrictions may apply.