Must-See Attraction in Copenhagen: Tivoli Gardens
The best place to go in Copenhagen for fun and entertainment is Tivoli Gardens, a famous amusement park that offers much more than just roller coasters. Take a cheap first class flight or business class flight to Copenhagen to experience all the magic that Tivoli has to offer. Founded in 1843, Tivoli is the second oldest and second most popular seasonal theme park in the world. It opens from April to September, then in mid-October for Halloween festivities, and again from mid-November through the end of December for Christmas celebrations and winter themed attractions. We encourage you to visit Tivoli when you’re in Copenhagen.
- Rides – Thrill rides include giant swing and spinner ride Aquila, floorless coaster Dæmonen (The Demon), and looping plane ride Vertigo. The Star Flyer is one of the world’s tallest swing rides at a height of over 200 feet and offers sweeping views of the city. For children and those seeking calmer rides, enjoy the old-fashioned Trolley Bus, classic carousel Dyrekarussellen, Vintage Cars, and Dragon Boats. We suggest going on the rides during the day because the lines get longer at night.
- Light Show – Thousands of fairy lights and sky lanterns light Tivoli up after the sun goes down. The dazzling Tivoli Illuminations show over the lake includes fireworks, laser lights, music, and waterjets.
- Theatre – Built in 1874 in Chinese style, the Pantomime Theatre is an open-air theatre known for its spectacular front curtain that unfolds like a peacock’s tail. The daily mime shows are performed in the classic Italian commedia dell’arte tradition. The theater also hosts ballet and modern dance performances.
- Concerts – The Concert Hall, Open Air Stage, and Harmony Pavilion host a variety of musical performances.
- Aquarium – Located inside the Concert Hall, this large saltwater aquarium is home to over 1,600 fish in more than 500 varieties. There’s an additional charge for entry.
- Boys Guard – A tradition since 1844, The Tivoli Boys Guard is a music ensemble of boys aged 8–16 dressed like the Royal Danish Guard. They participate in concerts, parades, and special events.
- Nimb Hotel – This 5-star hotel is the only hotel onsite at Tivoli. Ask our gurus for discounts on luxury hotel accommodations.
On your low-cost business class flight or cheap first class flight to Copenhagen, enjoy gourmet meals and complimentary cocktails. While visiting Tivoli, take a break from the rides and shows to explore the many dining options.
Where to Eat at Tivoli Gardens
- Grill Royal – BBQ menu. Concerts on Fridays.
- Mazzoli’s Caffè & Trattoria – Italian cuisine in a former dance hall.
- Faergekroen Bryghus – One of Tivoli’s oldest restaurants. Serves traditional Danish food. Includes a brewery.
- Nimb Brasserie – European bistro classics with a modern flair. Informal, upscale restaurant.
- Nimb Terrasse – French-Scandinavian food in a bistro setting. Seafood BBQ in the summer.
- Woodhouse – Menu features mostly burgers.
- Det Japanske Tarn – Sushi and other Japanese and Asian food.
- Hereford Beefstouw – Chain of upmarket steakhouses. Features a micro-brewery called the Apollo in the center of the restaurant.
- La Vecchia Signora – Italian restaurant known for its pizza. Other menu items include handmade pasta, fresh fish of the day, and authentic Italian desserts.
- Wagamama – Affordable chain restaurant serving Japanese food. Usually very busy.